Job Offer – Rector
JOB DESCRIPTION: RECTOR
INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,YENAGOA.
Institute of science and Technology located in Yenagoa Bayelsa state Nigeria is a newly established Private Institute designed to promote professionally-oriented education and professionally relevant research. The Institute is based on leading research, development work and experience-based knowledge. We cooperate closely with enterprises and public organizations to provide our researchers and fellows with professional development and experience from working life. We plan to offer study programs for professions that are in high demand in society and we have a comprehensive portfolio within research and development work for employers in the private and public sectors. We are also colaborating with Universities Overseas to award professional and degree certificates.
Some of our proposed institutes will include:
- College of entrepreneurial studies
- College of Democracy, leadership and Governance
- College of Niger Delta Studies
- College of Oil and gas studies
- College of Conflict and Peace studies
- College of technology
- College of Applied sciences
- College of Information Technology
- College of Agriculture, etc.
The college is seeking a future-oriented leader who can be a specific supplier of conditions in meeting the society’s challenges within welfare, education, and technology. As Rector at the Institute, he will have the opportunity to be head of all the colleges and programs and would be expected to build the institute from ground up with the task of designing and implementing short term, medium term and long term goals. He will be given scope of action to lead a knowledge institution that offers study programs that are very much in demand in Nigeria and the African market.
The Rector is the head of the Institute with responsibility for the overall activities, in accordance with the framework and requirements appointed by the Board. Rector reports to the Institute Board of Directors/Governing Council.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Positioning Institute of science and Technology nationally and internationally.
- Ensuring that the institution reaches its strategic goals for meeting future challenges.
- Ensuring that the institute is visible and coherent in the public debate and sets the agenda for research in Nigeria.
- Building networks with central partners in the educational sector, business and industry, and public authorities.
- Being an inspiration and driving force that manages change processes, strategic development and implementation, and financial control.
- Developing a positive and inclusive organizational culture and a good working environment for both proposed students, fellows, researchers and staff.
- Developing a professional and quality-oriented management throughout the organization.
- Ensuring that resources and real property are allocated in accordance with decisions made by the Board and that the total financial management is in accordance with legislation and conditions set by the Ministry.
- Raise fund and start the construction of the permanent site of the Institute in Yenagoa.
Desired Skills and Experience
The person appointed as Rector must have formal competence for appointment in an academic position (PhD Degree) at a university/university college and have first-hand experience from Institutes core proposed programs and activities: teaching, research, dissemination and innovation.
Furthermore, the person appointed must have:
- Experience as leader at a high level in complex knowledge organizations.
- Experience in managing change processes, strategic development and implementation.
- Good relational skills and ability to build networks.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Very good understanding of college administration.
- Good communicative skills for both external and internal communication.
- A motivating, distinct and result-oriented style of management.
- Substantial knowledge of and experience from the university/university college sector.
- Political understanding, including ability and willingness to market the institute, nationally and internationally.
- Good remuneration, housing, transportation, and sponsored academic conferences worldwide.
The position is a fixed contract term position of 5 years and renewable based on performance.
Preference will be given to tenured University Professors who have served in capacities such as Dean or head of departments in their respective universities.
Submission of applications
- Please send maximum of three (3) page CV including a passport photo within two weeks of this publication via email: email@example.com to theDirector Human Resources, Institute of Science & Technology, Yenagoa.