Job Offer : INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION: Information Technology Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Library
A Public library and The Institute of Science and Technology, Yenagoa seek the services of an Information Technology Specialist.
This staff reports directly to the Director of the Institute. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted via our online support ticket system, emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Any time left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure. This person will supervise all online examinations and address all correspondence.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IT Specialist is responsible for the day to day operational activities of help desk support, network administration, and systems.
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner.
- Setup, management, and maintenance of IT-related equipment.
- Monitor backup jobs and ensure high level of completion success rate.
- Manage time and projects effectively.
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable network environment.
- Training staff with IT related equipment.
- Assist the IT director with project work to grow the technology infrastructure of the organization.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of systems.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to our fixed asset inventories.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization surrounding hardware and software technologies and how these technologies can assist the business being especially proactive with new technologies.
- Develop and monitor performance levels of software and hardware and evaluate, recommend, and propose alternative methods of information processing.
- Develop and maintain information architectures (data, application, network) ensuring the system is on-line daily.
- Maintain hardware and software maintenance agreements to ensure integrity of operations processes.
Customer Service – demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internally and externally. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Organized, thorough, and has great attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- Able to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients and servers
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as an ability to ask the right questions and apply solutions to business problems.
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization using top notch customer service.
- Does well with minimal “hands on” training and can pick up new skills quickly and can “take the ball and run with it”
- Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
- Can work independently with little management direction
- Document process, procedures, and results
- Fast and accurate keyboarding skills
- Passionate, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done
- B.B.A. Management Information Systems or related degree
- 1-2 years in IT or Business Systems
- Experience with SQL Server, Dynamics-Nav, SalesForce.com, SharePoint
- .NET, AJAX, Cold Fusion, and/or Flash Development Experience.
A Master degree is not required, but will be a plus.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer as needed
- Ability to lift and move computers and IT equipment for setup.
- Has a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and able to support remote locations.
Submission of Application
Please send maximum of three page CV with a passport photo via: firstname.lastname@example.org to the Director, Human Resources, Institute of Science & Technology, Yenagoa. Not later than two weeks from the date of publication.
Director, Human Resources